|Full Name||Jeffrey J Wong|
|Birthplace||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Height||5′ 8” or 172cm|
|University||Brown University, Rhode Island|
University of Hawaii, Manoa
|Residency||New York University|
Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Biology|
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
|Spouse||Dr. Rupa Wong|
|Occupation||Ophthalmologist, Ocular Surgeon|
Dr. Jeffrey J Wong M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist, with a fellowship-trained cornea specialist and experienced ocular surgeon. He was born and raised in Honolulu, where his family has lived for four generations.
His family has a long history of caring for patients in Hawaii and at Queen’s Medical Center. His father, the late Dr. Terry Wong, started his endocrinology practice at Queen’s in 1974 and his sister, Dr. Lisa Wong, also an endocrinologist, continues the practice.
- Dr. Wong graduated from Punahou School with honors and received his Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Brown University.
- After that, he returned home to attend medical school at the University of Hawaii and was elected to the national Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
- He completed his ophthalmology training at the prestigious New York University-Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital and also finished a specialized fellowship in Corneal Disease and Refractive Surgery at the renowned New England Eye Center/Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston.
More about Dr. Jeffrey J Wong
- Dr. Wong is a fellowship-trained Cornea & Refractive surgeon, with specializes in advanced cataract surgery and corneal transplantation including DSEK.
- He has expertise in corneal disorders including dry eyes, keratoconus, Fuchs dystrophy, corneal ulcers, and ocular infections.
- Additionally, he enjoys treating many other eye conditions including glaucoma, uveitis, diabetic eye disease, and routine eye exams (including glasses and contact lenses).
- Dr. Wong is board certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- He is also a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Hawaii Ophthalmologic Society.
|Board Certified Diplomate|
|American Board of Ophthalmology|
|American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons|
|American Academy of Ophthalmology|
|Hawaii Ophthalmologic Society|
|American Medical Association|
|Hawaii Medical Association|