|Full Name||Mamina Turegano|
|Birthplace||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Height||5′ 7” or 170cm|
|University||Centenary College of Louisiana|
Louisiana State University School of Medicine
|Residency||Georgetown University Hospital|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science (B.S.)|
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Dr. Mamina Turegano is a triple board-certified dermatologist, internist, and dermatopathologist at Sanova Dermatology. She graduated from Centenary College where she studied neuroscience and piano performance, and received her medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She then completed a five-year double residency program in internal medicine and dermatology and served as chief resident at Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C.
More about Dr. Mamina Turegano
- After working in private practice dermatology in the metro D.C. area, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a fellowship in dermatopathology at UCLA.
- Dr. Turegano has a special interest in evaluating how nutrition, lifestyle, sleep, and other environmental factors can play a significant role in inflammation, aging, and cancer.
- She enjoys incorporating holistic practices in her patients who deal with anything ranging from acne to warts.
- She also has an interest in complex medical dermatology, including autoimmune skin diseases and psoriasis.
- Dr. Turegano is serving as the dermatopathologist for Sanova Dermatology in Old Metairie and is a volunteer instructor at Tulane University in the department of dermatology.
- She has various media appearances including ”Good Morning America” and has a regular monthly segment.
- Dr. Turegano has published articles in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Journal of the American Medical Association – Dermatology, and Journal of Cutaneous Pathology.
- She has received multiple awards for her presentations at international dermatopathology meetings and is also a recipient of the American Society of Dermatopathology Mentorship Award.
Licenses & Certifications
|Credential ID 51324||Integrative Dermatology Certificate Program (IDCP)|